Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Can I import conjoint utility scores from SPSS into SMRT to run a market simulation?

I have a .sav SPSS data file with utility scores for each of my 900 respondents.  Is there any way to easily import them to run the SMRT market simulations?
asked Jul 2, 2012 by anonymous
retagged Sep 1, 2016 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
SMRT is set up to read utility files from our estimation software, i.e. HBU files from HB analysis, .p0X and LCU files from Latent Class analysis, and so forth.  So, while you could replicate these layouts, it probably wouldn't qualify under "easy" but would definitely be in the "doable" category.
answered Jul 5, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,015 points)
.hbu format is a text-only file format that isn't terribly hard to create with your data.  Might require some manual editing in Notepad or Wordpad to develop the global header, that describes the file layout.

We've documented the .hbu format multiple places in our software documentation.  In the SMRT manual, nearly at the very end in the appendices is an appendix entitled: "importing Conjoint Data from ASCII Files".  Please read that over, as it gives the layout for the .hbu file.