Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Output of ACBC data

Hey all,
I'm currently running analysis over my ACBC data and having multiple problems interpreting the data .
First of all, I'm wondering, if there is a way to find out which stimuli are being used? The data tells me which concepts have been shown to the single participants in the screener section, but I don't know how each concept (say e.g. concept 18) is composed. Is there an overview to have a look at that?
Also I want to check how often people chose their BYO-concept over other options as indicator for data quality. Is there a way to find  that out?
My final problem concerncs individual counts. If I run the counts analysis it tells me that there are 2 people who marked all concepts of the screener section as possibilities. Is there a way to find out which 2 people that was?

It would be so convenient, if there was some kind of output guide for Lighthouse Studio. I hope someone can explain it to me.
Thank you in advance and happy holiday!
Helen
asked Dec 22, 2017 by Helen

1 Answer

0 votes
You ask some good questions, but they are not common things for users to want to do.  Thus, we haven't made the data as easy to get at as you might hope.  But, we do make all the data available to you.

One way to get the data you are asking for is to export a .CHO file, which is a text-only data format showing the concepts respondents saw along with what they chose.  This (the .CHO file) incidentally follows the general data structure that the software uses to estimate the utilities.

To export a .CHO file...click:

File + Data Management

Add Job...

Add + ACBC (.CHO, .ATT)

OK

Export Jobs

This gives you a file called "YourStudynameExport.CHO"

Now, how to understand the contents of a .CHO file.  Please read

Appendix C of the CBC/HB manual: http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/techpap/CBCHB_Manual.pdf

Note that the BYO questions, Screener Questions, and Choice Task tournament questions are all defined in the .CHO file.  So, you can see what concepts respondents were viewing in the Screener section, in the choice tournament questions, etc.  And, you can see their answers to each choice question.

Not an easy layout to conquer, I'm sorry, but it gives you the details.
answered Dec 22, 2017 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (148,340 points)
Hey Bryan,
thank you for your answer. As you said yourself, the layout is incredibly hard to understand and I can't make any sense of it regarding my questions.

I am now asking myself: If it's uncommon to have a look at this file, how do I interpret the calibration section data at all? Is all that it is used for the calculation of utilities?
I would like to know how people rated the likelihood they would chose their BYO-concept in a real setting.

Thanks again and best regards,
Helen
Well, if your question is just how people rated their BYO concept in the calibration concept phase, that's really easy, since the BYO is always the first concept shown in the calibration concept phase.  So, just examine the responses to the first calibration question, which you find in the main data file.
Yes thank you! That's what I thought.
Well, I would have liked to know more about the stimuli, but I guess I just have to accept the limits of the data output for now.

Thank you again for your help!