Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Combination of multiple utility estimate sets for Choice Simulator in Lighthouse

Hi all
Can I use the Lighthouse Studio Choice Simulator feature with utility files that haven't been generated in the Analysis Manager?
I have estimated separate utility sets for each of the 7 markets I surveyed. Same design, same settings.
For simulation I would like to predict identical scenarios for all the markets.
Do I have to do that one utility set at a time?
Or can I somehow combine the utility files and trick the Simulator to produce predictions for my entire sample at once?

Thanks
Alex
asked Dec 7, 2017 by alex.wendland Bronze (2,005 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
The same market simulator that is integrated within Lighthouse Studio may be installed as a standalone program on your same computer.

Download from: http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/1651

This version of the simulator allows you to import utilities from a text-only file that you format in the .HBU format (described in our market simulator documentation).  You can create these .HBU files with a combination of Excel and a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.  This allows you to bring utilities developed from any other program or means into our market simulator for analysis.  

You could then stack all your respondents from your 7 projects into a single .HBU file.  You can also add segmentation variables for use in the simulator.
answered Dec 7, 2017 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (142,515 points)
selected Dec 11, 2017 by alex.wendland
Thanks for the valuable pointer Bryan!