Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Generating data

I wanted to generate data automatically to check if my randomizations are working.

Unfortunately Sawtooth wasn´t able to answer Free Format Questions with HTML radio select buttons.

ERROR: Respondent xxxx encountered a logic error - Q1 does not have any available options.

Is there any workaround?

Also please decrypt the following variables:

asked Dec 7, 2017 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Please double check that your free format's variables are the correct type for the HTML you are using.  For example, if a variable is set to radio but the HTML is for a dropdown, you'll get that error.

sys_DataSource records where the data came from.  Test survey is 4, live survey is 1, data generator is 6, etc.

sys_RespStatus records the current state of the respondent in the survey.  An incomplete data record is 2, a disqualified respondent is 4, and a completed respondent is 6.

sys_DispositionCode is a custom value you can define in terminate questions.  Useful for quickly determining which terminate question a respondent ended on.

sys_CAPIDeviceID records which CAPI device the data was collected on.  Irrelevant if you are not doing offline surveying.
answered Dec 7, 2017 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (72,550 points)
Thanks for the decryption.

I double checked, this is my HTML code:

<td class="input_cell clickable">1 [%RadioSelect(Q1_Selected, 1)%]</td>
<td class="input_cell clickable">2 [%RadioSelect(Q1_Selected, 2)%]</td>
<td class="input_cell clickable">3 [%RadioSelect(Q1_Selected, 3)%]</td>

In the tab "Free Format Viarbale" my variable Q1_Selected is set to the type "radio".
I still have same problem and cannot generate any data :(
Survey is scheduled for tomorrow.
I need to generate data to check if my randomizations are working.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Can you send in a copy of your .ssi (with any sensitive or irrelevant information removed) to support@sawtoothsoftware.com so we can better see what's happening?
Email sent. Please reply to me as soon as possible
Try moving the free format contents from the header 1 field to the HTML field.