Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Access to WebData denied

Hey you all,

I'm having a problem with getting the data from my online ACBC survey. When I follow the manual and want to "Get data" from the Web Server, it starts to accumulate the data for a second, and then this message pops up saying "Access to [my study link] denied".
Why does this happen and how am I going to get the data otherwise?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Helen
asked Dec 5, 2017 by Helen

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Helen,

Are you using Sawtooth Software's hosting service?  Or are you hosting on your own server?

Another way to get data from the server is to use the admin module.  When you download data that way, you will save a file to your computer which will then need to be accumulated into Lighthouse Studio.

Best regards,

Dave
answered Dec 5, 2017 by David Squire Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,730 points)
I tried to download it via Lighthouse Studio's "Data" button.
I can download the data from the Admin website, but I don't quite understand how to implement it to Lighthouse Studio then.

Thank you for your time,
Helen
After downloading the file, you can import the file to Lighthouse Studio by following these steps:

1. Open the "Data Management" dialog.  This is on the main toolbar or on the Field menu (it's the "Get Data" option on the Field menu).
2. On the "Get Data" tab, choose the "Import study data files (STUDYNAME_data.csv or STUDYNAME.sqlite or STUDYNAMEdat.dat)" option.  Most likely you will have the first type of file "STUDYNAME_data.csv."
3. Follow the steps in Lighthouse Studio to finish the import.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Dave