Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

web server management question

Hello. What Database settings should I type to Database username?
asked Dec 5, 2017 by Oleg (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Oleg,

If you are using Sawtooth Software's hosting service then you shouldn't need to specify the database username.  You should be able to upload your survey just by using the first tab named "Sawtooth Software Hosting" on the "Hosting Management" dialog.

If you are hosting on your own server, then you will need to have a database user that Lighthouse Studio can use to store the respondent data.  You will need to specify the username and password for this database user on the "Self Hosting" tab of the "Hosting Management" dialog.

Best regards,

David Squire
Sawtooth Software, Inc.
answered Dec 5, 2017 by David Squire Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,330 points)
Hi David.
I have a  hosting on my own server linux. Should this user account has the rights for creation new databases? For each project I create a new database and user. As I understood I shouldn't specify new database's credentials there. I should specify separate user account with privileges for creation new databases and users.
You will need to create the database that Lighthouse Studio is going to use.  Then the user you create for Lighthouse Studio needs to have full privileges on the database that you created for it.  The user does not need permissions to create or access other databases.  It will create new tables within the database.

I would recommend that you create a new database for each survey.  But, if you want to use the same database for multiple surveys that is an option as well.  If multiple surveys are using the same database, then each one will have to have a unique name.

Let us know if you have any other questions!