Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Simulator changes group size

Hello,

I did run a simulation with LCA results and in the output of the simulation the group size changes. Actually, I thought the group size stays the same and I get a result for each group. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!
asked Dec 1, 2017 by melli

1 Answer

0 votes
Latent Class produces pseudo-individual level utilities where each respondent's utilities are the sum of each group's utilities multiplied by the probability of belonging to that group.

When using them in the simulator, if you would like to see the groups broken out, you can select the LC group membership as a segmentation variable.  If you are using Lighthouse, the membership should already be available.  If you are using the standalone simulator, you will need to import the membership from the LC results.

A segmentation variable can be selected from the Scenario Settings tab in the ribbon.
answered Dec 1, 2017 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (15,075 points)
I know that I can use the LC group membership as a segmentation variable. I did so - in the Lighthouse simulator. But the group size still changed! I really don't know why...
If you can send me your project files (walt 'at' sawtoothsoftware.com), I can take a look and try to figure out what's going on.