Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Can I estimate the utilities of a "Discrete Choice with Dual response" model directly from Sawtooth?

I have a survey set up where the respondent is exposed to 3 concepts in which Price is one of the attribute. After the choice is made the respondent is exposed to the question "Are you willing to  purchase the product based on the price" with an 'Yes/no" option. Can I estimate the utilities directly from Sawtooth? Do I need any special settings?
asked Nov 29, 2017 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, this capability is set up in the software and the documentation describes how to do it.
answered Nov 29, 2017 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (58,750 points)
Thank you for your answer. It would be great if you can help me where to read it, i am comparatively new to the software.
In Lighthouse Studio software go to the help icon (the blue question mark) then select "Search" and type in "dual response none."

You are using Lighthouse Studio, correct?
Correct. Thanks again for replying. Actually my question was a little bit different. My Survey programming team have already created the survey using  Dual Response None. My task is to estimate the utilities. For that, do I need to abide by any additional settings, or simply estimate the utilities as a traditional conjoint. Eagerly waiting for your expert views.
If it's all created in Lighthouse Studio just analyze it as you would ordinarily.  Lighthouse handles all the recoding complexity for you.