Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to convert selected answers of one question to answers of another question

Hi,

please help me. I have a multiple choice checkbox question 1 like: Which of the following brands do you know?
The next question will be: Which of the following brands do you consider to buy? And here only the selected answers of question 1 should appear in a checkbox.

How ist that possible?
Thanks in advance!
Julian
asked Nov 20, 2017 by Julian

1 Answer

0 votes
In the list manager, create a constructed list.  The constructed list's parent should be the list of brands, and the constructed list can be given this instruction:

AIC(Q1)

"Q1" must be replaced with the name of the "which brands do you know" question.

Now when you create the second question, set it to use this constructed list.
answered Nov 20, 2017 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (67,300 points)
Okay thank you!
Do you have an idea how I could go one step further and ask in the third question „which brands do you recommend to friends“?
Also here only the answers of the question „which brands do you buy“ should appear (it should be like a funnel). If I am doing it by the same logic (making another constructed list), it works but the survey is looping.
Another constructed list is all you need.  The constructed list will need the same parent list as the first constructed list, just referring to the second question instead of the first question in the instructions:

AIC(Q2)

Looping should not be an issue.  The software can handle constructed lists in loops like this.