Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Straightforward way to join attributes file with the cbc design file?

Is there a straightforward way to join the printed attributes file with the exported cbc design file?

I exported my CBC design file as a .csv. It has column names like "Att <n> - <my internal label>", with integer values (not labels) for levels

I printed my attributes file as a text file. It shows mappings between levels and and internal labels.

Is there a way to get a design file with labels (rather than level integers) without needing to re-structure the attributes .txt file? E.g., Maybe there's a way to save the attributes .txt file in a nice .csv format that can easily be joined on the design .csv file?
asked Nov 17, 2017 by ertingen Bronze (615 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Maybe other folks have an easier way of doing it, but I usually create a labels file numbered from 1 to the total number of levels and then do a table lookup in Excel.   Often I have the levels in a handy Excel file from the time I cut and pasted them into Lighthouse Studio in the first place.
answered Nov 18, 2017 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (62,700 points)