Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Print study error PDF

Hello,
when I click on print study --> Graphical view with PDF, I get an error:

Error message:
The following error occurred while printing to fiel:
Bad JSON escape sequence: \S.Path 'error', line 1, position 62.

What should I do? What means the position 62? What means the line 1?

Could you help me?

Thank you
asked Nov 15, 2017 by Mathias
Hi Mathias,
With this feature, there are options that allow you to turn on and off  including certain questions.  You might uncheck all the questions except for one or two and see if you still get the error. You might then try to narrow it down to a certain question that is causing the problem. Let us know what you find.
Hi
I don´t find any problem. When I chose the check: No errors or warnings were found in the questionnaire.
In which question is the error? I don´t understand the line and position.
Please send your study files in to support@sawtoothsoftware.com so we can take a look.

Thanks,
Jon
Hi,

is there any update? Could this problem be solved in the meantime?
I got exactly the same error while trying to print my study to file using Lighthouse studio 9.5.3.

Thank you very much,
Andrew
Send your study files over to support@sawtoothsoftware.com and we'll figure out what's going on.

Best,
Jon
Sorry, at this stage of our project it is not possible to send the study file. Is there any workaround?
Thanks!
Andrew
Andrew, there isn't a workaround. Did you try the very first suggestion, by unchecking many of the questions to see if there is a certain question causing the error? If you can isolate the error to a certain question, perhaps you could send just that question in.
Gary, thank you very much, but yes, I tried to uncheck question by question and got always the same error message. By the way, we created that study with an older version of Lighthouse and converted the study after a Lighthouse update. When we create a project from the scratch there doesn't seem to be a problem with printing to pdf.

1 Answer

+1 vote
UPDATE: I guess I found the reason for the error message. At least it works for me and I am able now to print my study as PDF. When the project is saved in a subfolder with an umlaut in its name (example path: \Präferenzstudie\project\project.ssi ) I get the error message

"Bad JSON escape sequence: \S.Path 'error', line 1, position 62."

while trying to print the study. However, when I use a different name without an umlaut (e.g. \preference_study\project\project.ssi ) the software prints the study as PDF without any problems.

Probbly this won't affect most of the users. But I hope this helps.

Andrew
answered Jun 11 by Andrew Bronze (955 points)
Interesting.  Thank you for spending the time to find the issue.  We will reproduce the issue on our end and hopefully have a fix in the next Lighthouse Studio release.

Thanks,
Jon