Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Slider Multiple Choice Question

Hi,

I am trying to create a select question (called Q19) where the first option is a slider that ranges from the value of 0-20 and the second option is "I don't know."

I was able to input a slider as an option by using
<script>
  $(function () {
    $("#slider-range-min").slider({
      range: "min",
      value: 0,
      min: 0,
      max: 20,
      step: 1,
      slide: function (event, ui) {
        $("#slider_value").val(ui.value);
      }
    });
  });
</script>

<p>
  <label for="amount">Current value (%):</label>
  <input name="slider_value" type="text" id="slider_value" style="border:0; color:#f6931f; font-weight:bold;">
</p>
<div id="slider-range-min"></div>

However, even if a respondent slides the slider to a value, their response is only recorded as Q19=1, indicating that they chose the slider option, but it does not record the actual value that they input for the slider.

Is there a way to remedy this problem? I know in the  community question library, there are some pages on sliders, but I'm under the impression that those are for free-format questions, not for select.
asked Nov 13, 2017 by jzu633 (190 points)
The "Not Applicable" questions in the Community Question Library may suit your needs.  If you include it after a semantic diff question, respondents will have to either answer the slider or choose the don't know option.

Your answer

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.