Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Adding words/subtitles inside multi-select question items.

I'm doing a multi-select question now and we have more than 30 items for respondents to choose. In order to make items clear, we categorize the items into 3 sections but don't know how to apply our idea in sawtooth. Here's the format we want:

[format]
Q1. Choose all the items that apply to you.

Section A
1. item 1
2. item 2

Section B
3. item 3
4. item 4

Section C
5. items 5
6. item 6
[/format]

We want users to choose all that apply from these 6 items and questions here is how to add subtitles(Section A,B,C) inside items.
asked Oct 31 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Please see this question in the Community Library:

http://sawtoothsoftware.com/community-question-library/1770-subheaders
answered Oct 31 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (63,900 points)
Thanks for the link. Since I don't have much knowledge about HTML or Javascript, could you explain how to use that code?
Have you downloaded the question and added it to your survey?
I've downloaded that XML file but can't figure out what to do next. How to add it to my survey?
Are you on v9.3.0 or greater?
yes, on 9.4.0.
On the main Lighthouse Studio window, there is a Library button.  After clicking on that, you can click "Import..." and import the file you downloaded from my link above into your question library.  Then, next time you go to add a question to your survey, you can add this question from your library rather than add a brand new question.
Got it. Thanks!