Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Constructed List + numeric field + radio button

Hey guys,

I need to create a grid like question that uses a constructed list (AIC from the question before) and has a numeric field in collum 1 and a radio button in collum 2.

so if a participant chooses A, B, D in Q1, I want to pick his anwers and put them into Q2 (doing so with a constructed list) - in Q2 then, I'm asking how many times a year he does the thing asked before or if he doesn't know he can klick a radio button.

design:

ANSWERTEXT | ... times a year | n/a
1. blabla           |    numeric field | radio button

the grid type question obviously won't let me pick a numeric field for collum 1 and a radio button for collum 2 - i can only choose 1 type per row.

so what can i do? do you guys have any guidance for me?
thanks a lot
asked Jun 20, 2012 by anonymous
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

2 Answers

0 votes
in simplest form you  can turn the grid into column grid (question settings, format, question direction).

this will require some work in "require response", etc, but may be worth the hassle you might run otherwise
answered Jun 20, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,830 points)
0 votes
An easier approach is too have a numeric grid and ask the respondent to enter a numeric code for DK/NA.

If you allowed 1-100 as the numeric response, ask them to enter "999" for DK/NA.

The method you mentioned would require JavaScript to control the answering of the numeric OR the radio button option, rather than both.
answered Jun 20, 2012 by Paul Moon Platinum (61,560 points)