Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Updating Sawtooth Software from v9.3.1 to v9.5.0

I have a number of surveys in field at the moment. Some of these are ongoing tracking projects.

When things settle down a fraction, I'd like to perform my update to the latest version.

Is the upgrade going to be safe if ...

*I have a number of projects operating under different versions on my survey host like v9.3.1 and v9.5.0?

*I upgrade a current v9.3.1 survey to v9.5.0?

Looking forward to your reply.
asked Oct 19 by Paul Moon Platinum (55,975 points)
These surveys are not conjoint surveys.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Paul,

Since SSI Web 8.4.8 until the current Lighthouse Studio 9.5 release we have written code that will convert an existing survey database to the latest version.  That said I'd always recommend some caution when updating a live survey, especially to a major release.  If you need to update a live survey I'd suggest doing it at a low traffic time or temporarily closing the survey until you can update and test it.  

To be extra careful you could upload your existing survey to a test location, collect some test data, update it and then test.

There can be some big changes when we make major updates that might make updating a live survey more tricky.  For example CBC had a major visual update when moving from 9.3 to 9.4.  When the last number changes (say 9.5.0 to 9.5.2) that usually just means bug fixes and you can have more confidence with doing a live update.

Hope this helps.
answered Oct 25 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,395 points)
Thanks Justin for your helpful comments.