Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Display previous multiple choices answers in the following question

I'd like to insert the answer given prior question (multiple choices select) into the text of a future question. For example - in Q3 the respondent picks 3 answers(A,B,C), in Q4 we say "Why do you choose XX?" and we want we'd like to repeat Q4 for three times(why choose A, why choose B, why choose C).

The list in Q3 is really long and include an 'others, please specify' option, so I don't want to manually create lots of questions and use skip logics. Any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
asked Oct 18, 2017 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
From what you've described it sounds like using a Loop is the best solution.  Create a constructed list using The Q3List as the Parent List.  Call it Q4List and just use the logic of AIC (Q3) and all the responses from Q3 will be added (further if 'Other Specify' was selected it will show the text of what was typed in when you used the new list).  Set Q4 to loop using your Q4List.  In question text you would use Why do you choose [% LoopLabel () %]?  That SSI Script will show the text for each item from Q3 you are asking about (and as I mentioned if it was the Other Specify it will show the text that had been typed in).
answered Oct 18, 2017 by Jay Rutherford Gold (31,740 points)
It works! Thank you so much.