Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Error when uploading a new study

After uploading my first survey through self hosting I found some errors and decided to delete the survey and start a new one. Then the following error showed up:

"An error accurred while checking remote survey path for uploading.

Error: There are already databases tables setup for "name_survey" in this database. Either remove the "name_survey" in this database or create a new database for this study.

(Note: Another possibility is that the original path to the admin directory has changed. See the "study_path" column in the "name_study_info" table."

I removed all files as far as I know so I don't understand what else to remove. The option to create a new database is not possible since the database I use is that of the university. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
asked Oct 17, 2017 by parasoner (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You will need to delete all of the tables from the database that were created the first time that you uploaded your survey.  They will be named <survey name>_xxxxxx (where <survey name> is the name of your survey and xxxxxx will be the name of the specific tables).  After all of the tables that start with the study name are deleted, then you will be able to upload again.

Dave
answered Oct 17, 2017 by David Squire Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,730 points)
Thanks david, for the quick reply. Can you tell where these tables are saved? I thought I removed them all but apparantly In didn't
The tables are created in the database that you specified on the self hosting tab ("Database Name" under the "Database Settings").

In the future, when you want to delete a survey from the server you can just click on the "Delete Survey from Server" button on the "Self Hosting" tab of the "Hosting Management" dialog.  This will remove all files and drop all of the tables that belong to the survey for you.
It worked, thanks a lot!