Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Set rotation of questions on a page

I have a project where there are two blocks of questions they wish to randomize - for which I set them up in blocks and based the order on a constructed list that contains a 1 and a 2 that is randomized.  Lets call this set A and set B blocks.

Later in the survey is a couple questions on a single page, but they want those who saw A then B earlier to see this other set in the same order, call these FollowUpA and FollowUpB. So if earlier they saw B then A block, this page would have FollowUpB then FollowUpA on the same page.

If I separate these I could just use the same constructed list to randomize the pages, but is there a way to show these two questions on the same page based on the constructed list? I can't use the blocks when the questions are on the same page.
asked Sep 8, 2017 by Ron H.

1 Answer

+2 votes
As an alternative, you can reorder the questions in JavaScript by putting this code anywhere in either of the follow up questions:

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
    if ([% ListValue(list2, 1) = 2 %]) {
        $('#Q1_div').before($('#Q2_div'));
    }
})
</script>

"list2" should be replaced with the name of the constructed list.  "Q1" and "Q2" should be replaced with the names of the first and second follow up questions, respectively.
answered Sep 11, 2017 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (95,875 points)
Perfect, that does the trick and was super easy to use. Thanks!