Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Correctly displaying constructed lists in questions

I am new to the SSI 8 web tool and programming and I think I have some beginner questions.

I want to display a contructed list in the next question. To do this I use the code: [% ListLabelsarray(NameofList) %]. There are two problems with this. First one is that displays all the options behind each other wich makes it really messy. I want it to be displayed like:

Your choices in the previous question:
- chosen answer 1
- chosen answer 2
- etc
Rest of the question..

Furthermore, the [ ] signs are still around this input, is to possible to remove these?

In the same question I want to display 'this' or 'these' depending on whether they chose 1 answer or 2 (or more) in the previous question. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
asked Sep 8, 2017 by Gijs
Use this script to display your codes one under each other ...

This inserts an indent before each code and a break after. If you don't want the indent, remove all the &nbsp;.

Regarding the Perl script to display the correct script, use something like this ...
[%Begin Unverified Perl 

my $QScript="";

$QScript="This blah bah blah ..."; 
   $QScript="These blah bah blah ..."; 

return $QScript;
End Unverified%]
It should read ...

1 Answer

0 votes
You can use a function called ListLength to display the appropriate script.

If ListLength(Listname)=1, display "this"
Else display "these"

I'll send through an example when I arrive home.

There are other ssi script functions that provide the necessary format you require. e.g. FormatListLabels from memory?

I will add to this post with more detail within the hour. Stay tuned ...
answered Sep 8, 2017 by Paul Moon Platinum (59,425 points)