Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Question Library NotApplicable for multiple questions

Hiya

Has anyone managed to get the NotApplicable thingo working on multiple questions on the one page?  I've had a go trying to rework the javascript but just managed to make a hash of it.  I have three freeformat questions (all of which need the NA option) and a select question which doesn't of course.  One of the freeformat questions is not there for all respondents.  I'm on 9.3 at present.
asked Aug 28, 2017 by Marion Bronze (3,500 points)
retagged Aug 28, 2017 by Walter Williams
My understanding is that multiple Not Applicables on the same page should work fine.  What broken behavior are you observing?
Not all the NA's appear on the page, and the first NA, when clicked, doesn't show a check box and when chosen can't be unchosen (ie the disabled stuff for the question it is paired with doesn't enable).  When I used development tools in Chrome, first error that came up was to do with the disable graphical function.
Have you included the "Disable Graphical Inputs" question on the page?  The Not Applicable questions cannot disable graphical radio buttons and checkboxes without this included.

http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/community-question-library/1739-disable-graphical-inputs
I'm not using graphical inputs though.  Do I still need it?
Curious.  Could you send a .ssi with the problem to zachary@sawtoothsoftware.com?  You can of course remove any irrelevant or sensitive information before sending it.
No worries.  Client was pushing to test, so I've set up DK fields within each free format now, but am still really keen to see this working.  It's pretty nifty.  I'll dummy up what I was doing on that page and send it over.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.