Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Errors when trying to accumulate new respondent data

Dear all,

from time to time two errors occured when I wanted to accumulate new respondent data using the "Get Data" button.
The errors are in German and translate to something like: "At least one error has occured" and "Untreated exception in the application. Click continue to ignore the error and continue the application. If you click close, the application will be shut down immediately. The object reference was not assigned to an object instance."

Normally I would just try it again for a few times and it would work after a few attempts. Today I have tried numerous times and did not manage to get the new data. What can I do to solve this problem?
asked Jul 11, 2017 by Colin (305 points)
retagged Jul 11, 2017 by Jon Heaton
In case any one experiences the same problem: the solution is to wait for 10-20 seconds before clicking the "Get data" button in the data menu. This problem can occur if the software is still finishing an operation in the background.

1 Answer

+2 votes
We will need to look into what is causing this.  Can you contact us (http://sawtoothsoftware.com/support/technical-support) so we can find out what the problem is?

Thanks,
Jon
answered Jul 11, 2017 by Jon Heaton Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,330 points)