Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

HB individual partworth estimation and logit transformation for obtaining individual choice shares.

Hello,

I am conducting a CBC analysis and want to estimate individual-level partworths through a HB routine. Then I want to transform the parthworts into choice shares using a logit transformation. Finally , the individual choice shares should be complemented with variables I collect on the individual level.

Now I am a bit confused how to do this. Should I make a HB or logit run,  in the analysis manager as a first step?. After that I have to choose the respective analysis run in the "utility sets" tab of the simulator and  use the simulation method "share of preferences". Am i correct?

I tried both types of analysis HB and logit but neither gave me individual choice shares in the simulator. What should I do?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Colin
asked Jul 3 by Colin (305 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
In the simulator, the option to include individual choice shares is located on the scenario settings ribbon next to the Home ribbon.

When using a set of Logit utilities individual results cannot be displayed because it is an aggregate set of utilities.
answered Jul 3 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (14,100 points)