Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Exporting survey time variables

When exporting the sys_ElapsedTime and the sys_SumPageTimes variables, they are exported as a text type field in the format of h/m/s (eg. 1h 18m 23s).

I don't mind the format. It can be useful.

But I recall we exported these variables in the past as numeric fields which assists with calculations. Is it possible to export both formats?

Note: I noticed via the admin module advanced menu option I can access the numeric versions of these system fields.

Thank you.
asked Jun 18, 2017 by Paul Moon Platinum (66,070 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Paul,

The fields "sys_StartTimeStamp" and "sys_EndTimeStamp" are both available to export.  These are numeric values representing seconds.  If you subtract "sys_StartTimeStamp" from "sys_EndTimeStamp" you will get the elapsed time in seconds.  Unfortunately if you want a numeric value for sys_SumPageTimes you will need to add up the individual "sys_pagetime" values.

Justin
answered Jun 19, 2017 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (6,770 points)
Thanks Justin. I was aware of the calculations you mentioned. Appreciate the reminder. Wasn't sure if I was missing something regarding those numeric figures without having to perform the calculations.