Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

In MBC, can you assign existing utility runs to a new database?

I have created couple of HB utility runs for a tested database and the simulator turns out pretty good. Then I replaced my tested data with official data and all my utility runs are gone...

How can I re-apply these utility runs to my official database without manually create the model again? Cos I can see they are saved under the "utility' folder but I don't know how to import them...
asked Jun 2 by Emma

1 Answer

0 votes
MBC takes .CSV files containing the data.  If you add new respondents and make the .CSV files larger, then you need to re-run your models again to get new HB runs.  That's because in HB, each respondent's utilities are derived using the total sample of respondents.  Your model setup (where you pick which independent variables should be included for each dependent variable) should not disappear when you modify your .CSV file to add new respondents.  Just re-run all your existing HB runs after you have modified your .CSV file to include more respondents.
answered Jun 2 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (128,365 points)
Thanks for answer my question.

So, you can increase case number in the .CSV file and MBC will save the model setup as well as the utility runs.

But once you change the construction of the .CSV file, for example add another dependent variable, the previous model setup will be deleted.

Am I understand this correctly?
Yes, that is correct.