Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Constructed list based on geographic location

Dear all,

I'm looking for the best way to script a question for elections. I need to display names of candidates based on their geographic location. There will be a total of 540 offers.

1 offer = (for example)
1- mr x, green party
2- mrs y, yellow party
3- mr w, grey party
4- mr z, black party
5- I will not vote

Thanks for your precious help,
S
asked May 15 by s_vales
edited May 15 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
For larger lists, dropdown lists tend to be useful, rather then displaying radio buttons and check boxes.

Zachary Anderson from Sawtooth Software has produced a dropdown that permits respondents to type text to narrow the dropdown items. This may be of interest to you?

Take a look in the Question Library at: https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/community-question-library/1730-autocomplete-dropdown
answered May 15 by Paul Moon Platinum (55,975 points)
Thank you Paul.
Offers are independent from one another.
This solution would mislead the respondents.
I have to display all candidates at the same time one below the others.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be the best solution.
OK, fair enough. I understand.

Can you be more specific with how you would like things displayed. I'm not familiar with your parties / geographic locations.

For example, could you ask a drill down question and then use that information to only display a portion of the candidate list?

I would also send the request to support@sawtoothsoftware.com for their advice. I'm sure they have seen this request before.

Let me know how you go. I'd be interested in a neat solution.