Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Importing data from Discover to Lighthouse

Hi there,

I just imported my data from Discover to Lighthouse, but now I am stuck in the analysis part. When I try to run an analysis like for example Counts, it says: the colomn CBC1_Random1 does not exist in the data file. It is a required column.

Can you help to figure out where I can "get" this colomn in order to continue with the Analyis part?

Kind regards,
Merel Stift
asked Apr 15, 2017 by Merel Stift (120 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
I will need to talk to the Discover team about what caused this issue, but if you send me your files I should be able to get you up and running.  Send them over to support@sawtoothsoftware.com when you have the chance.

Thanks,
Jon
answered Apr 17, 2017 by Jon Heaton Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (8,630 points)
The exports that come out of Discover will not allow you to do analysis directly within Lighthouse Studio.  Discover does not have a separate design file like Lighthouse Studio does.  You can do an export from Discover and then use the standalone analysis tools to run analysis.  To do this:

1. Go to your survey in Discover.
2. Click on the Survey Data link on the left.
3. Click on the Advanced link on the right side of the Survey Data Page.
4. Click on the Export CBC Data link.

This will download a special .CSV file (it contains the designs the respondents saw as well as what they answered) that can then be imported directly into CBC/HB to run analysis.

Best,

Dave