Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

List Referencing

Dear all, good afternoon.

I was wondering if there is a way to reference a list used inside a question (for example: "ThisList" is a name I could use for an associated list for a determinate question).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,

Mauricio.
asked Apr 3 by Mauricio Belleza (430 points)
To be clear, you want to be able to pass in the name of a question and get returned the name of the list that the question uses?
Zachary,

yes. For example, I have a question named "SpontaneousAwareness" and I would like to use its list as an input for restricting the number of checks (multiple response list) to its length. I have other questions and other lists as well, but I would like to write a reference (for example, "ThisList" can be used as a reference for other questions) instead of the specific name of the list.

Thanks in advance!

Mauricio.
Sorry, but I don't think that's really possible.  Functions like ListLength require the list's name.  We don't have a function that takes in a question name and returns the names of related lists.

Your answer

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.