Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Timezone differs between survey data and error logs

I just noticed whilst testing a survey that my survey data is captured in the AEST time zone (which is correct) but the error logs are captured in the EST time zone (incorrect as I would prefer AEST).

Is there any easy solution to amend this.

Thank you.
asked Mar 31, 2017 by Paul Moon Platinum (68,305 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hey Paul,

I just looked into this and it looks like when formatting the times in error log entries we neglected to specify a time zone to format in. This may also have just been leftover code rot from before we added support for time zones (meaning it was just expecting it to format the time stamp like we used to before they were readable by humans).

Either way, because a timezone wasn't being specified, that formatting function was falling back to what we've defined as the default, EST. The good news is that it's an easy thing to fix on our end and it took me all of 10 seconds to fix. The bad news is that there's not really anything you'll be able to do to fix it until the next Lighthouse Studio release... But the other good news is that the next release shouldn't be too far away.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and helping us squash those pesky bugs.

Lance
answered Mar 31, 2017 by Lance Adamson Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (1,775 points)
Overall, that's good news thanks Lance.

It's nice to know it will be fixed sooner rather than later.

And it is not urgent right now as it does not affect the survey data capture.

Much appreciated.