Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

web service call using AJAX

Is there any way to disable or remove these inbuild js call in terminate page header.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/abgv/graphics/system/mootools_v1_2.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/abgv/graphics/system/ssi_javascript7_0_26.js"></script>

I want to disable these script in my last terminate page. These are conflicting mine "json-serialization.js" and "jquery-1.4.1.js" files.

Basically I have web service which we are trying to call in our survey programming using AJAX jquery. It is written in C# and placed in somewhere in IIS server. I am trying to call those web service and passing my data as object to that web service so that it can store there. Hope it clarifies my problem on this.

Getting these 3 errors each time

$(document.body).getElements' is not a function
    Cannot convert 'results' to object
    Cannot convert 'object' to object

Is anybody there who can guide me on this problem, basically what i guess, mine js script (jquery1.4.1.js) is clashing with sawtooth's js script (ssi_javascript7_0_26.js).

Is there any way so that I can remove sawtooth's script for particular page or do you have any idea about perl call for web service.
asked Nov 5, 2011 by anonymous
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
If you are trying to include jQuery into SSI Web 7 then you will need to use "NoConflict".  See:

http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/

After you include jQuery you need to do this:

$.noConflict();

Then any reference to $ by MooTools will still work.  The issue is that both MooTools and jQuery use the $ sign.  After you do this than any jQuery code that you have will need to be changed from:

$( )

to

jQuery( ).

This should fix your problem.
answered Nov 7, 2011 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,495 points)