Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

jquery code no longer works in Lighthouse 9

I have been using a chunk of code that makes a header [unclickable + hides radiobutton/checkbox] out of a list item.  

this goes in the header:
        <script src="[%GraphicsPath()%]jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
              $.noConflict();         
            jQuery(document).ready(function(){
                       jQuery(".group_header").parents("tr.clickable").each(function(index) {
                var HeaderRowObj = jQuery(this);

HeaderRowObj.removeClass("clickable");
                HeaderRowObj.addClass("group_header_row");         
                var InputObj = HeaderRowObj.find("input");
                InputObj.addClass("HideElement");  //Make sure it is hidden         
                var GroupHeaderObj = HeaderRowObj.find(".group_header");         
                HeaderRowObj.html("<td colspan='2'>" + GroupHeaderObj.html() + "</td>");
                HeaderRowObj.prepend(InputObj);         
              });
            });             
            </script>

then you span the list item
<span class="group_header"><b>Category Name-1</b></span>

I've just upgraded to Lighthouse 9.3 and the code no longer works, but it doesn't throw any errors either.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks
asked Mar 14, 2017 by jas8278 Bronze (750 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
In v9, select questions are structured using divs instead of a table, so your CSS selectors are out-of-date.  I updated this code for v9 here:

https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/12469/help-to-modify-a-js-code-for-option-headings

You can try out the code in desktop and mobile modes to make sure it looks how you like.
answered Mar 15, 2017 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (127,900 points)