Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Size of effect and misclassification table logit model

How can I calculate the size of effect based on the aggregate multinomial logit model?

In addition, I want to calculate a misclassification table on aggregate level. What is the right procedure for that?

I'm using Lighthouse Software, conducted a CBC.
asked Mar 14, 2017 by Eline

1 Answer

0 votes
Eline,

For aggregate logit the effect sizes are the odds ratios.  You can get these by simply exponentiating the part worth utilities.  You can do this with the exp() function in Excel, for example.

Our software does not print out a classification table, so you would have to do that yourself.  You know the actual choices so you would simulate the choices for each respondent in each choice set and then cross the actual by the predicteds.  Our software is primarily used for choice experiments where a classification table usually does not make sense:  the identity of alternatives A, B and C are not constant but change from one choice set to the next.
answered Mar 14, 2017 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (60,075 points)