Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

2 issues exporting lists do data set

Good morning all,

Currently, I have 2 doubts regarding downloading / exporting lists:

1 - I have a study where I initially had some lists, and now I added another constructed one. Although the new list is represented in the .csv file when I export it (I added the new list in the "File" -> "Export Data" -> "All Data..." -> "Data to Export" tab), it is absent from the .dat file. It is really supposed to be like this? And if yes, there is a way to avoid this to happen?

2 - As far as I can see, predefined lists can't be exported nor downloaded to the .dat file. Is this really true?

Thank you all,
João
asked May 4, 2012 by João Fernandes Bronze (2,040 points)
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Just guessing, but the constructed list may not be populated if it is never used...
You can export the predefined lists to text by clicking the print button on the lists userform
answered May 4, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,830 points)
Correct, a constructed list's logic is not evaluated until you use it somewhere in the survey.
The added constructed list even when populated through testing still does not show up as an export field. I actually took one constructed list, copied and then modified it for use in an additional question. I uploaded the new design and entered in two test cases to make sure there were data for both constructed lists and only the first constructed list shows up in export fields. The strange thing is that the data for the second copied constructed list is actually in the original piped list it was copied from.
you may want to mail your .ssi to support or if its not confidential to me, since I'm curious by nature  :) ozkurt at gmail dot com