Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Describe latent class segments by demographics and other covariates

Hello,

I performed a latent class analysis which resulted in 5 segments as the ideal number. Now I would like to describe these segments by their demographics (age, gender income etc), and by behaviour (three covariates).  My ideal solution would be that I can say for example: segment one is mostly female, has an income of ... and has a certain household composition.

How can I perform such analysis? Many thanks in advance.

Best regards, Eline
asked Feb 21, 2017 by Eline

1 Answer

+2 votes
Eline,

Your best bet is to take the segment assignments (the categorical assignment of each respondent to their most likely segment) and use that as a grouping variable so you can run crosstabulations/chi-square analyses and analysis of variance (ANOVAs) against your categorical and quantitative demographic variables, respectively.  

There is nothing built into our software that enables this, but you can export the data to Excel or SPSS and then run them in any general statistics package you want.
answered Feb 21, 2017 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (60,425 points)