Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Scaling of utility values: What is the formula for converting Raw Utilities to Zero-Centered Difference values

Dear Sawtooth Community,

in the Utility Report of Lighthouse’s Analysis Manager you have the option to display estimated part-worth utilities in “raw” and “zero-centered differences” format. What is surprising to me is that the ratios of utilities and even the order of attribute level values change depending on whether I display them in raw or scaled mode. Thus, it seems to me that it is not just a linear transformation.

Can you please indicate the formula that converts the values from "raw" to "zero-centered differences" and vice versa?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Mike
asked Feb 14, 2017 by summand (385 points)
retagged Feb 14, 2017 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
Please see a previous post that covers this.  Thanks for asking about it!

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/6140/is-there-a-formula-for-calculating-the-zero-centered-diffs

(Remember, you can always search for answers to questions by clicking the Search icon at our website www.sawtoothsoftware.com.)
answered Feb 14, 2017 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (131,990 points)