Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Multiple responses piped into next question

I have a question where respondents are asked to select where they have visited.

The next question I want to ask them how many times they visited each of those locations.  What is the best way to do this as they can select up to 11 places or none. If none they can skip to the next question but if they select 8 then I want one page with 8 places and they input the number of times in the last year they visited.
asked Jan 23, 2017 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Start by creating a constructed list.  Its parent list should be the list with all eleven locations and it should have this code:

AIC(LocationsQ)

where "LocationsQ" should be replaced with the name of the locations question.

Next, create a grid question.  The list of rows should be set to your constructed list.  Each row should be set to numeric type.  Only one column is necessary.

This grid question will now ask for a numeric response for every location visited.  If no locations were visited, the grid question will be skipped.
answered Jan 23, 2017 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (67,650 points)