Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Storing hidden variables in a .xls file

Good morning all,

I have a survey where I'll use hidden variables under some free format questions. It is possible to automatically store the respondents answers in this free format questions into a .xls file? And is it possible to edit how the information will be displayed there?

Thanks
asked Apr 23, 2012 by João Fernandes Bronze (2,040 points)
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams
Ok, I already know that hidden variables are automatically saved into the data set. My current concerns are two:

1 - Know if it is possible to change the layout of the information inside each .xls file generated by SSI Web (i. e., how it is organized the information).

2 - I need to use some information that is only available on an array that I used when building a constructed list ("Lists" window -> "Constructed List Instructions:" box). I need to send it to the data set, so I want to store these values on hidden variables. Which is the best way to do this?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
João

1 Answer

0 votes
SetValue function and/or Spreadsheet::WriteExcel perl module can probably do what you need.
answered Jul 19, 2012 by anonymous