Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Export list labels vs list values

I am sure this is a simple answer, but I am very new to Sawtooth. I am trying to figure out a way to export my survey data with the list labels instead of the list values.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
asked Dec 6, 2016 by mmeads (200 points)
retagged Dec 6, 2016 by Walter Williams

2 Answers

+1 vote
Unfortunately this is not currently an option in the software. We do plan to add this capability in a future Lighthouse release. Sorry for the inconvenience. Perhaps other forum users have workarounds they have used to achieve this behavior.
answered Dec 6, 2016 by Jon Heaton Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (8,630 points)
+1 vote
Hi Matt,

In case you want data file in excel format, here is the way:

1. First export your data in spss format
2. Save spss export to excel and click "save value labels where defined instead of data values"
3. Saved excel export will have labels

Another alternate we did in past (a very long) is to create free format question and save labels of all question basis the response. Later you can utilize that free format question variables for data usage.

We used this approach where we had to use label data for a Dashboard tool which accepts text response instead of values.

I hope this helps. Further, provision of this type of export from Lighthouse itself is good to have.

Regards,
Saurabh
answered Dec 7, 2016 by Saurabh Aggarwal Gold (29,615 points)
That was a great work around! Thanks!