Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Recreating on-the-fly computed rank order of MaxDiff-items

Hi all,
I have a slight problem because I did not (as is explained in the manual) use a Free Format question with Hidden Variables to store the rank order of on-the-fly computed MaxDiff-Items. I used the Items of highest rank to build a list (i.e. MaxDiffRankAttLabel(ExerciseName, Rank#)) and used that list in two questions. Now I do not know which items were in what position. I just assumed that - as with most other constructed lists - this information from list building is saved in some variables.
Is there a way to extract the list composition from the saved data or is it not written at all?
If not, which sawtooth tools can I use to possibly recreate the rank order that was computed on the fly?
Every suggestion is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex
asked Apr 17, 2012 by alex.wendland Bronze (1,950 points)
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
Constructed lists data is always saved and can be exported.  Constructed lists only save the final results of the list not each intermediary step.  If you want the rank order of all the items but did not save them in the list then this requires you sending the data to us here at Sawtooth Software and doing some custom work for you.  I have done this a couple of times for other people so its not difficult to do.  Please contact me directly if you wish to have this done.
answered Apr 17, 2012 by Mike Lodder Gold (23,410 points)
Wow, that would be a huge help!
At this point I am still fielding the survey. I was just examining the data already collected when I noticed that there was something missing.
As I do not want to bother you more than necessary I would suggest that I wait until we close the survey instead of doing this several times with non-final data sets. That would be end of April. Is that ok with you?
That would be fine.