Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Does quota control work with a multi response checkbox?

Hi!

I'd like to use quota control with a multi-response-checkbox. I have to have a specific number of participants who DON'T choose one of the possible response options.

When I type in the logic "Q1<>11", the program tells me that the operator "<>" requires the same types on both sides and that the one on the right is a string instead of a numeric - although it isn't (or at least I don't think it is).

The quota control does work with single response items, though...

How can I solve the problem? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very, very much!

Best regards,
Björn
asked Nov 3, 2016 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Try the filter Q1_11<>1 Bjorn.
answered Nov 3, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (55,825 points)
That's it! Thank you so much!!
What happens if the respondent is eligable for more than one quota in the same Quota question. Does that apply for only one or all of them ?
Yes, the respondent will only apply to one quota.

Under the Advanced tab of a quota question, you have an option for cell membership which includes sequential, randomize all and randomize subset. These options determine which quota cell the respondent will be allocated to.

If you have a multiple quota question (say Red / Blue / Green), you can create 3 separate quota questions (one for Red, one for Blue and one for Green) where each question has only one option. This will accommodate  the multiple quota requirement.