Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Admin module - Incompletes display

I noticed the incompletes display presents the % figures bases on ALL survey types (completes / incompletes / disqualifieds).

I thought it would make more sense to base the %'s on the total incompletes count rather than the total all survey types count.

When I refer to this section, I'd like to say for example "Of the total incompletes, 40% dropped out at Q2".

Is it possible to add this in?

A download option would also be handy.

Happy to hear your thoughts.

Thank you.
asked Oct 27, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (61,355 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
I've filed this request into our system for the dev team to consider.  In the meantime, some script can be used to adjust this table.  I could permanently change how the table works for a given study, but that would require some .pl file modifications.  Instead, here's some JavaScript that you can run while on the Incompletes page to make this change:

$('#incompletes_report_table > ul:first-child > li:last-child').text('% of Incompletes');
var incompletesRows = $('#incompletes_report_table > ul').length;
var total = 0;
for (var i = 2; i <= incompletesRows; i++) {
    total += Number($('#incompletes_report_table > ul:nth-child(' + i + ') > li:nth-child(2)').text());
}
for (var i = 2; i <= incompletesRows; i++) {
    var incompletes = Number($('#incompletes_report_table > ul:nth-child(' + i + ') > li:nth-child(2)').text());
    $('#incompletes_report_table > ul:nth-child(' + i + ') > li:nth-child(3)').text(Math.round(incompletes / total * 100) + '%');
}

You can run this in the console (in most browsers, click F12 to open the dev tools and then look for a "Console" tab).  You can just paste this code there and submit.

This is just a one-time fix.  You'll need to rerun the code every time you go to the Incompletes page.
answered Nov 7, 2016 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (78,750 points)
Thanks Zachary for including this on the developers wish list.

Let's hope it is added in a future version. I'm sure it's not a difficult request.

Onya mate - you're a gentleman.
And got it working okay. Just had to look for the run / play button.