Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Importance tasks (ACA)

Hi,
I have an ACA-Design and I would like to integrate only 9 of my 10 attributes (price excluded) in my Importance Tasks. Because it is already clear, that a low price is desirable and a high price is not desirable. Is this possible or can I only integrate or skip ALL importance tasks?
Thanks
asked Nov 2, 2011 by anonymous
retagged Sep 1, 2016 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+3 votes
You can specify that your price attribute has an apriori order.  By doing this there is no need to ask the rating question for price since it is already known.

Importance questions are designed to guage how important an attribute is compared to the other attributes.  You already know that lower prices are more desirable, but how important is the difference in price compared to the other attributes?

You can choose not to ask importances at all, which will internally mean they will all be considered equally important.  If you only ask a subset, it is impossible to determine how important the other attributes are in comparison.
answered Nov 2, 2011 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (15,075 points)