Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Export Data in SPSS

Hello,
I used numeric question with code [%99999999999%] to I can input 11 number and it was working good but while I export the data in SPSS I face an error message said "The following error occurred while exporting data: The following numeric value too wide(the maximum width ecpected is 9 characters) " , I can exported data in XML. but I need to export it in SPSS .
asked Oct 10, 2016 by Tarek
edited Oct 10, 2016
In the meantime, try to export that field to XML and then import into SPSS.

Certainly seek further assistance from Sawtooth Software regarding this error.

2 Answers

0 votes
Paul is right.  It looks like something we will probably need to look at.  You could try unchecking Fixed Widths in the SPSS export options.  If that doesn't work we'd be happy to look at it.  Just email support@sawtoothsoftware.com and include your study folder.  Thanks!
answered Oct 11, 2016 by Jon Heaton Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (8,630 points)
0 votes
SPSS export has a max width of 9 digits right now for numeric inputs.  You could try using dynamic widths by unchecking the box marked 'Use fixed widths' to see if that helps solve your problem.

The reason the other exports work is because they have no requirements on width for data.
answered Oct 11, 2016 by Mike Lodder Gold (23,410 points)
Use fixed width box