Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Need of re-uploading the Survey if terminate link is modified ?

Hello,

I have got a survey launched which is hosted on Sawtooth Software Hosting.
I need to modify the Terminate / Link at the end of the survey (corresponding more precisely to a redirect link to a third-party).

After having modified the URL link (and thenclicking 'OK' on the 'Write Questionnaire' panel-and then closing the panel) , do I need to take further action to make sure that this modification is taken into account ?
Do I need to Upload Survey to Server (clicking on the Globe 'icon' and then 'Upload Survey to Server button) ?

Many thanks in advance for your support,
asked Sep 7, 2016 by Rem (200 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Rem, once you have made the change to the re-direct link in your termination question and saved the changes, you will need to upload once again.

Make sure you click the tick box to validate your survey.

It's okay to upload during fieldwork. Your data is safe. When you auto upload, Sawtooth Software detects the files that have been modified and re-uploads. Neat feature.

So go ahead and give it a try ...
answered Sep 7, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (62,700 points)
Dear Paul,
thank you very much for your swift reply. could you please clarify what you mean by "Make sure you click the tick box to validate your survey." which tick box should I click on exactly ?
thanks again for your help
There is a big red tick button at the top. It is used to validate your survey to make sure there are no errors in your programming. It informs you of most errors. Just tick that first to confirm Sawtooth is happy with your programming then perform the auto-upload.
Thanks a lot Paul for your help and for having clarified this point for me.