Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Lighthouse v9.1.0 - grids on mobile phones / smaller devices

Good result with the layout of the grids on mobile phones / smaller devices. I like each statement one under the other.

Is there an option available on mobile phones / smaller devices to have them displayed as one per page rather than one under the other?

Thanks.
asked Sep 4, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (57,115 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
I'm afraid no such built-in feature exists right now.

If you need this functionality, I would recommend splitting respondents into two different parts of the survey using skips.  "ScreenWidth() > 800" would go to the grid question, and the others would go to a series of questions representing each row of the grid question.

This would of course put data for the same question in two different places of the database.  Your analysis tools may already have an easy way to combine these data records.  If not, you could use unverified Perl in the survey to effectively move data from one spot in the database to another.
answered Sep 4, 2016 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (67,650 points)
Makes sense Zachary. I could use Perl / SetValue commands to blend the two data sets together into pass-in field variables.

I have some clients who are currently checking out a test survey I have setup in v9.1.0. This has been brought up in our discussions.

I mentioned either way - multi-row grids on large devices or SR questions one under the other on smaller devices are much the same - time consuming and can create dropouts.

Overall, the look of the mobile phone grids is a good result in my opinion.
SR = Single Response?
Yes - SR=single response.