Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I include a quadratic (in addition to a linear) term in an aggregate logit model?

As far as I know, Lighthouse studio does not allow user specified effects like CBC HB does, but I cannot use CBC HB since as far as i know, it will not run an aggregate logit model.

How can I include a quadratic (in addition to a linear)  term in an aggregate logit model?
asked Jul 21, 2016 by anonymous
retagged Sep 1, 2016 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer
Just like CBC/HB is the standalone version of our software to accommodate more advanced researchers who code up their own data files (.CSV, .CHO, or .CHS files), the standalone Latent Class module is the software to use when you want to run aggregate logit or latent class on your customized data files.

To make Latent Class run aggregate logit, just set the number of latent classes to 1 (min number of groups=1, max number of groups=1), set the number of replications to 1 (since there's no need to run separate replicates from different starting points when estimating for 1 group) and also make the convergence breakout criterion a bit finer, such as 0.0001 instead of 0.01.  Also note that in the advanced settings you need to check a box to have the software output the standard errors, which I always like to look at.

I do this all the time to run fancier models in aggregate logit.

Just download the latent class standalone software from our website in the Support + Downloads area.  If you are licensed with Lighthouse studio for CBC, your license will automatically be detected and turn on latent class standalone.
answered Jul 22, 2016 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (136,165 points)