In August, 1997, market researchers and academics from around the world will gather in Seattle to share insights, network and to socialize. That's just a few short months away! Don't miss this rare opportunity to develop your skills in quantitative market research and to rub shoulders with some of the best minds in our industry.
Starting back in 1987, the Sawtooth Software Conference set the standard for market research conferences. Not surprisingly, its format has since been imitated by many. But no other research conference for 1997 will be as relevant and useful for research practitioners interested in conjoint/choice topics and computer interviewing.
John Fiedler of POPULUS, Inc. has described the conference in these terms: "At most conferences, we can't understand the academics and we don't want to listen to sales presentations from research providers. Here, academics are understandable and providers present academic-quality papers without the info-mercials."
Here is a sampling of the topics that will be covered in August:
- Choice and ratings-based conjoint: perspective from 20 years of conjoint experience
- Recommendations for successful on-line surveys over the Internet
- Market segmentation with choice-based conjoint data
- Multimedia interviewing: making surveys more life-like and engaging
- Using choice analysis to create perceptual maps of brand competition
- Individual-level utilities from choice analysis: a new approach
- Solving the "number of attribute levels" effect in conjoint analysis
- Perceptual mapping: old standards and new techniques
In addition, we will be offering clinics on our ACA, CBC, CVA and Ci3 systems for those who are interested.
Early Registration Deadline: June 30
Registration is $600 until June 30, which includes breakfasts and lunches. After June 30, registration will be $650. A registration form is included on page 7 of this newsletter. Attendance is limited, so we suggest you register soon to avoid disappointment!