HB-Reg Version History
HB-Reg Version History
- What is HB-Reg?
- HB-Reg is a system for hierarchical Bayes estimation of general regression-based problems.
We strongly suggest using the latest version of HB-Reg.
HB-Reg 4.0.6 (27 Apr 2015)
- Modified the file reader to better identify missing values.
HB-Reg 4.0.5 (26 Jan 2015)
- When saving draws, the point estimates file would show utilities getting larger for each respondent. This was because HB-Reg was not resetting the sum of the draws to zero between each respondent.
HB-Reg 4.0.4 (2 Dec 2013)
- Utility archive files would become corrupt if the draws file exceeded 2GB in size. The software will now allow draw files up to 8GB.
- The estimation time contained in the HB estimation log was incorrect.
HB-Reg 4.0.3 (24 Sept 2013)
- Bug: When using multiple dependent variables, the grid for selecting covariates could become disabled and would not re-enable.
HB-Reg 4.0.2 (12 July 2013)
- Bug: Using constraints on a model that involved independent variables coded as 'excluded' could result in an 'index out of range' error.
HB-Reg 4.0.1 (9 April 2013)
- Bug: v4.0.0 did not correctly recognize Academic Research licenses.
- Bug: Users could see an error when creating a new model for a dependent variable.
- Bug: Viewing a demographic file would cause a crash if the file was open in another editor such as Excel.
- Bug: Models would attempt to estimate even if all independent variables were set to Excluded.
- HB-Reg 4.0.0 (29 March 2013)
- Version 4 features a new user interface, borrowed extensively from the Sawtooth Software's MBC (Menu-Based Choice) software product.
- HB-Reg 4 can automatically code Categorical Independent variables as dummy-coded, linear, or log-linear. This removes extra data processing requirements, making it easy for you to switch back and forth between different independent variable coding schemes.
- HB-Reg 4 automatically builds a "proper prior covariance matrix" when you specify a categorical independent variable (when dummy-coding is activated). This is the same procedure as recommended by leading Bayesian academic Peter Lenk that is also used in our CBC/HB software.
- Covariates may now be included in HB runs. For more information on covariates in HB, please see the white paper entitled: Application of Covariates within Sawtooth Software's CBC/HB Program: Theory and Practical Example (2009). This paper may be downloaded from our Technical Papers library on our website: www.sawtoothsoftware.com.
- Ability to run multiple HB runs simultaneously, utilizing multiple cores of your machine's processor.
- Big gains in speed for exceptionally large datasets (>128MB) due to an improved memory caching technique. We have an enormous HB-Reg dataset for testing (250MB) that experienced a 20x increase in speed under HB-Reg v4 compared to v3.
- HB-Reg 3.0.6 (10 July 2007)
- Feature: Without a license HB-Reg now operates in demonstration mode. The separate demo download has been removed.
- Change: A list of the independent variables used is saved to the log file.
- Bug: Extremely large files caused problems sorting draws.
- HB-Reg 3.0.4 (19 April 2007)
- Change: Updated to work with the .NET Framework 2.0 and Windows Vista.
- Bug: Numbers typed in the 'Independent variable number(s)' field and later removed would reappear the next time the study was loaded.
- HB-Reg 3.0.2 (8 Sep 2004)
- Bug: If more than 1000 saved draws were requested, the .LOG and .PNT would be truncated. This did not affect the quality of the results.
- HB-Reg 3.0.1 (2 Jan 2004)
- Change: The range for the prior variance has been changed to (0.001 - 100,000,000.0).
- HB-Reg 3.0.0 (15 Dec 2003)
- Initial Release