Buy the MBC System
$10,000 Standard License (one-time fee)
$6,000 Annual Subscription (annual fee)
Menu-Based Choice (MBC)
Increasingly, stated preference choice projects involve Menu-Based Choice scenarios (MBC) where respondents
can select one to multiple options from a menu. This is not surprising, given the fact that buyers commonly
are allowed to customize products and services (mass customization). Examples include:
The software takes a data processing and analysis process that can
take experienced analysts from one to two weeks to do and compresses the timeline to 1 to 2 days.
- choosing options to put on an automobile
- selections from a restaurant menu
- banking options
- configuring an insurance policy
- purchasing bundled vs. a la carte services including mobile phones, internet, and cable.
MBC requires more expertise to use properly than our other conjoint analysis tools. The user should
have solid background in CBC and multivariate statistical modeling, especially in terms of building models
(regression, MNL) and the theory behind coding independent variables. While the software manages most
details involving the data processing, independent variable coding, model estimation and simulations, the
user must understand and direct the process intelligently.
Sawtooth Software's new Menu Based Choice (MBC) software has unlocked a field of conjoint that was only previously available to elite conjoint users. What would have taken the analyst days (probably weeks in some cases) to set up the analysis and simulations can now be accomplished in a matter of hours and the flexibility that the software offers regarding specifying different cross-effect models means that MBC can now become a mainstream conjoint technique.
I was particularly impressed with the way Sawtooth Software has designed the software to allow for the multitude of ways that accompany MBC projects and I look forward to using it in the future.
--Chris Moore, GfK NOP, UK
There are three ways to license MBC software:
- One-time fee of $10,000 for a single user/seat. Upgrade fees for new versions will cost about 40% of the original purchase price of the software.
- Annual fee of $6,000 for a single user/seat. Upgrades are included at no additional cost.
- Premium Corporate Annual License of $19,900 ($4,000 more than the standard corporate annual license). Covers up to 10 users/seats for MBC, plus 10 seats for all other Sawtooth Software tools.
With the successful completion of several large-scale projects, Menu-Based Choice has proven to be a highly useful addition to our portfolio of choice modeling approaches. It provides an approach perfectly suited to research problems involving multi-step purchase decisions. The results have been well-received by our clients, two of whom have commissioned a second study based on the results they have seen.
--Karen Buros, Radius Global Market Research
Download MBC sample surveys programmed in SSI Web
Read more about Menu-Based Choice.