Problem with skip logic.

Hallo,
I have a GRID-question where the respondent can rank his likelihood to purchase on a 11 point scale (single response). Now I would like to insert a skip logic: If the respondent chooses 1, 2 or 3 he will get to the end of the questionnaire. The problem is: I always get the error message "The binary operator '=' requires the same type on both the left and right sides."
asked Nov 8, 2011 by anonymous

2 Answers

0 votes
Make sure you don't have quotes around the number.  

Data in SSI Web is either a number or text.  SSI Web gives this error when it enforces that text is only compared to text or that numbers are only compared to numbers.  

Something like this would give the error:
"hello" = 5

Something like this would not give the error:
"hello" = "5"

Check to make sure that the types of data you are comparing are the same.  For example, comparing the answers to an open end and a numeric question would give the error.

Occasionally there may be a time that you're absolutely certain what you're doing is correct or allowed -- there are some helper functions that will coerce the verifier into allowing these situations to pass.  These functions are:
NumberToString(Number)
NumbertoBoolean(Number)
StringToNumber(String)
BooleanToNumber(Boolean)

This SSI Script will pass through the verifier.
"hello" = NumberToString(5)

Beware that these functions simply satisfy the verifier -- be sure to test that your survey functions correctly!
answered Nov 8, 2011 by Gary Baker Sawtooth Software, Inc. (2,040 points)
Perfect, thanks a lot
0 votes
Since this is a grid question, are you sure you are accessing the question name right in the skip?

you should have something like
grid_r1 = 1
in your skip
answered Nov 10, 2011 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (10,016 points)