The new download can be found here: http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/releases/mbc/MBC_v0_9_3.exe. We’ve made a few changes to the UI in v0.9.3 that will save you clicks.
This release of the software is no longer available. Click the button below to download the latest version of MBC. Download MBC
- We’ve enabled multi-select within the Variables tab (hold down Shift while you are clicking variables, and multiple rows will be highlighted). After you multi-select rows, right-click to specify the variable type for the selected variables (whether Dependent or Independent, etc.)
- We’ve enabled multi-select within the Specify Models + Variable Codings dialog. This time, multi-select by highlighting the row # indicators in the left column. Then, right-click to set all the selected variables to linear, log-linear, or part-worth.
- Also, note on the Specify Models + Variable Codings dialog there is a fly-out control attached to the Add button that lets you add all independent variables in one step to the model. This is helpful if you want to throw all variables in, run logit, and see which are significant predictors. This is more accurate than counts for determining which variables are significant predictors.
- We now warn you if you use an extrapolated value in the simulator. Extrapolation is only supported for linear and log-linear independent variable coding.
- The market simulator now supports “NA” as a level value specification for a scenario, in case an independent variable is “Not Applicable” to the current simulation scenario. This is only useful if you have availability designs, and thus have independent variables that are not applicable to certain menu scenarios. An NA specification leads to a zero in the design matrix for the relevant column(s) of that independent variable.
The version history is located at: MBC Version History